Asos, New Look, Topshop and Boohoo - UK’s most popular fashion brands
The Swedish clothing giant, H&M, tops the list of the world's most popular brands, according to internet search data compiled by SEMrush.
With summer holidays and festival season well upon us, SEMrush crunched online fashion search data to uncover the favourite global and UK brands. The SEMrush ranking of web users' favourite fashion brands is based on global data from between June 2017 and June 2018, as well as UK data from between May 2017 and May 2018.
The Swedish brand H&M records on average more than 30 million searches worldwide per month. It is followed by Zara (25 million); the popular Spanish brand which is part of Inditex Group. Finally, the sports brands Adidas and Nike share third place with Asos (+15 million).
The data also confirms the popularity of French luxury brands worldwide. Louis Vuitton is the most popular French luxury brand, with over six million searches, ahead of Balenciaga (over two million) and Chanel (1.8 million). The list of French favourite brands is completed with Dior (in fourth place) and Givenchy (fifth).
SEMrush also analysed the popularity of British home-grown luxury brands across the world. Burberry topped the list by a significant margin. The fashion house was followed by British designers Ted Baker and Victoria Beckham.
In the UK, Brits seem to favour more affordable fast-fashion over high-end brands, with Asos and New Look sharing the first spot (over 4 million), followed by Topshop and Boohoo on second place (over 2 million). Primark, the Irish clothing and accessories company seems to be high on the search list too, even though its website doesn’t allow for online purchases. Nike and Adidas seem to be the most popular sports’ brands, with New Balance and Puma following much later on the list.
Finally, Ted Baker, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Hermes seem to be the most searched-for high end brands.
Top 15 fashion brands based on UK search engine data:
1. Asos / New Look (over 4 million)
2. Topshop / Boohoo (over 2 million)
3. Zara / H&M / Pretty Little Thing (over 1.8 million)
4. Missguided / Primark (1.5 million)
5. Nike / Adidas (1 million)
6. Urban Outfitters (over 800,000)
7. Ted Baker/ Gucci(550,000)
8. Louis Vuitton /Hermes (450.000)
9. North Face /Jack Wills / Forever 21/ Michael Kors (over 350,000)
10. Uniqlo / Tommy Hilfiger / Zalando/ Swarovski (just over 300,000)
11. Gap / Rolex (over 245,000)
12. Calvin Klein (just over 200,000)
13. Hugo Boss / Burberry /Under Armour / Moncler, Net A Porter, Skechers, Ray Ban / Vivienne Westwood (165,000)
14. Mulberry (135,000)
15. New Balance / Tag Heuer / Puma / Christian Louboutin / Aldo / Victoria Beckham / Patagonia /Chanel (110,000)