Digital Copywriting Workshop
Created exclusively for the DCA BGA
This full day workshop, presented by Mel Henson, Words That Sell is for eCommerce executives and copywriters who write digital content, including sales copy for the web, mobile and apps, marketplaces such as Amazon, and content such as blogs, emails and social media.
"Mel is not just a great copywriter and presenter, she is a complete inspiration. I have followed her straightforward guidelines and common sense approach, transforming my copy strategy, adding massive value to our business." Martin Harvey, Bio-Gard
Module 1 - Fundamentals of digital copywriting
- Frameworks for conventional copywriting
- How digital copywriting is different
- The user mindset on different devices
- The user journey
- What makes a good PPC ad?
Module 2 – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The SEO journey: Search Box to Results to Clicks to Conversion
- On-site and off-site SEO factors
- Keyword research
- How to weave keywords naturally into copy
- Amazon SEO and Google SEO – how are they different?
Module 3 – Blogs, articles and social media
- Content planning
- How keyword intent helps create your content
- Structuring articles to be skimmed, scanned and read – headings, subheads and links
- Hashtags and Instagram shoppable posts
Module 4 – Emails and E newsletters
- Open rates and click through rates
- What makes a good subject line?
- What makes content clickable?
Module 5 – Brand Voice
- How to find your brand voice
- How to adapt the tone to match the consumer mindset
- Copywriting tips to sharpen your writing
- Practical copywriting exercise
Module 6 – Principles of Persuasion
- Introduction to Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Introduction to neuroscience
- Six principles of persuasion and how to use them in copywriting (authority, social proof, scarcity, reciprocity, consistency, liking)
- Practical copywriting exercises
- Review of the day
Venue & Timings:
Jury's Inn Nottingham, Station Rd, NG2 3BJ - click here for a map
N.B. There is no parking available at the Hotel.
Registration from 8.45am | Workshop runs from 9.30-16.30
Rates (to include lunch & refreshments):
DCA members £245 each | Non members £345 each
VAT is payable at the prevailing rate. All bookings are considered to be final. Substitutions may be made at any time.
For more information or to book please call 0208 092 5227 or email us
The DCA's booking terms and conditions can be found here