Digital Copywriting for eCommerce Managers
Created exclusively for the DCA BGA
This full day Workshop, presented by Mel Henson, Words That Sell is for eCommerce managers at all levels who write or commission digital content and copywriting, including web copy, Amazon copy, blogs, e-newsletters, emails and social media.
"Mel is not just a great copy writer and presenter, she is a complete inspiration. I have followed her straightforward guidelines and common sense approach, transforming my copy strategy, adding massive value to our business." Martin Harvey, Bio-Gard
Module 1 - Fundamentals of digital copywriting
- Print v digital – what’s the difference
- Understanding your audience on mobile, pc and tablets
- The user journey
- What makes a good ppc ad?
Module 2 – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The SEO journey: Search Box to Results to Clicks to Conversion
- Gearing SEO around your business goals
- On-site and off-site SEO factors
- Keyword research
- Search engine optimised product description pages
- Shady practices to avoid
Module 3 – Blogs, articles and social media
- Content planning
- Tone of voice
- Structuring articles to be skimmed, scanned and read – headings, subheads and links
- Calls to action and teasers to link back to the site
- Hashtags and Instagram shoppable posts
- SEO practices – tick which are helpful and which are not
- Writing exercise - Adding keywords into a product description page to make it SEO friendly
- Two ppc ads – choose which is best and why
- Two articles – choose which is best and why
Module 1 – Emails and E newsletters
- Open rates and click through rates
- What makes a good subject line?
- What makes content clickable?
Module 2 – Amazon sales copy
- Amazon keywords (not the same as Google)
- Titles, bullets and descriptions
- Enhanced Brand Content (EBC)
- Amazon’s rules and character counts
Module 3 – Conversion Rate Optimisation Copy
- What is CRO?
- Copywriting for the checkout
- Copywriting for apps
- Six principles of persuasion (authority, social proof, scarcity, reciprocity, consistency, liking)
- Examples of email subject lines – which is best and why
- Writing exercise – creating an Amazon title and converting web copy to Amazon copy
- Examples of copy – pick the persuasion technique being use
Registration from 9am | Workshop runs from 9.30-16.30
Rates (to include lunch & refreshments):
DCA members £245 each | Non members £345 each
VAT is payable at the prevailing rate. All bookings are considered to be final. Substitutions may be made at any time.
For more information or to book please call 01271 866112 or email us
The DCA's booking terms and conditions can be found here